Monday, July 22, 2013

Guest Designer for the Shabby Tea Room {Mr. & Mrs.}

July Guest Designers!

Sweet Debbie of The Shabby Tea Room made my day when she asked me to be a Guest Designer! EEK!! I LOVE the inspiration that comes from The Shabby Tea Room blog and from Debbie and her team. 


Our inspiration this week, comes from this wonderful photo. I was tempted to use the mason jars as a focus but I decided to focus on the colours and the soft feel of the photo. The challenge is to use the inspiration photo and to create a card or project inspired by the photo using white/cream, aqua, soft pink with lace and flowers.


I used a brand new floral set and punch from Stampin' Up called Flower Shop Bundle. I used this set to create my floral, which I stamped in Smoky Slate Ink (SU!) and then I added some pretty Stickles to the centre of the bloom. 


The sentiments on the card and the pillow box are from SRM Stickers. My pillow box is also from SRM Stickers and I ran it through the embossing folder first. The lace is from my stash, finally have used it all up and the die cut leaf is a die I have in my kit but I cannot remember the brand. I love this die, it cuts so well.

I hope you will join in Shabby Tea Room Challenge #176 and play along this week!!! I am also linking this up to the current Paper Issues Challenge "Nature Walk".

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous inspiration & FAB card Lesley :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, Lesley! I think this is a bit of departure from your normal CAS style and you ROCKED, ROCKED, ROCKED it! How exciting to be a GD for the STR! You are a star!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lesley this is so pretty! Soft and romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to you and gorgeous creations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just GORGEOUS, Lesley! I can't get over that adorable pillow box :) Thanks for popping by my blog! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the GDT position and just love the card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both projects are so lovely, Lesley! I saw them over at the Shabby Tea Room and had to drop by and give you some love.;) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lesley, your card and gift box have me swooning!!! So stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the GD. Your card is so gorgeous. Love the soft color combo with the pretty flourish and flower. The pillow box is adorable also. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in love with this! Wow - beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats on your guest spot!!! STUNNING card my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely beautiful! Wow! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowza, Lesley! This is just over the top gorgeous! Love all the details and layers and embellishments, yumm!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)