Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Deconstructing Darnell!



Deconstructed Sketch No. 84I had a chance to get inky today and I just had to play along with a couple of challenges. I bought a Lawn Fawn Stamp Set on my travels at Christmas. I also had some lovely new My Mind's Eye papers, and used the neutral tones in it for my background. The sketch comes from Jen's Deconstructed Sketch! I love playing with askew panels in sketches!!! I added some twine for my ribbon.


But my MAIN reason for getting inky today was to celebrate the 42 year anniversary Darnell and her hubby "Mister" are celebrating! The amazing thing is my parents are also celebrating 42 blissful years of marriage this year!! Yes Darnell, I could be your daughter! Ardyth is hosting a linky party to celebrate the happy couple and I just had to link up! Congratulations Darnell, thank you for your sweet comments and friendship here in blogland!!



Here we are...hubby and I on our wedding day with friends and family {March 17, 2007}!

13 comments:

  1. Love the wedding photo! Your card as always is amazing and I love the mix of patterns and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card - love those bold flowers and you win for most people in your wedding photo! I'm so glad you linked up and joined in our Anniversary Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a fantastic wedding photo! I don't think I've ever seen a shot like that, but I like it!
    Your card is gorgeous, and I admire those who do tilted panels so well! They challenge me way too much to even attempt making them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card. Love the papers and bold flowers.
    Great wedding photo. I have never seen a shot like this either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a very pretty card, Lesley! What a happy wedding picture! I can hear the crowd cheering. I remember your wedding picture on your blog. What a beautiful bride!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to rock that sketch! Love the photo too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card - bold and beautiful. I love your wedding photo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lesley I love your card and your fun post title. Wonderful wedding photo, happy anniversary to your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Geez, shock my biscuit why doncha, Lesley?! Thank you so much for putting me up there in lights! I'm about to faint here!

    Your card, as always, so inspired! I'm putting the cards that will let me on a special Pinterest board.

    And thank you for linking up to Ardyth's fun photo linky! But, PLEASE, link back up with that wedding photo. That's what's unique about her linky and it's so fun to see all the photos of happy happy happiness. Especially this one! Talk about unique! That is the best CHEERING wedding photo I have ever seen! Please and thank you!

    Now about the adoption. In my research I've found that there is no law saying you can't have two mothers . . .

    Mwah! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card, the colours are fab but I really like the askew panels - must try that. What an amazing wedding photo, the angle of the shot is brilliant!

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh those bold flowers are awesome!!! GREAT find for sure! LOVE that wedding photo! So very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovely! Great idea to place your panels askew, very nice effect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooops almost forgot to mention your delightful wedding photo! What a great idea the photographer had taking it from this angle!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)