Saturday, June 23, 2012

Dynamic Duos #8-Monochromatic and SO HAPPY!!!!

Oh my goodness! Saturday today and some exciting things happening in my little world! First of all, I am DONE report cards! I am so happy about that and secondly, today is the first round of auditions for Oklahoma!!!! Yippee! I am directing Oklahoma next year for our local theatre company and I am so excited to see who is coming out to audition today!!!

But today is also the reveal for this week's colour duos at Dynamic Duos. This week is a Monochromatic Theme of River Rock and Always Artichoke. I absolutely LOVE River Rock and never get to use it. When I chose this week's colours I was so pumped to see the elegant creations the design team would create and they do not disappoint! Here is my card, I hope you like it! I am really happy with how it turned out and let me say, I LOVE this new Summer Silhouette set!!!!


My dear, dear friend has been battling some tough days with life and I wanted to make her a serene and loving card, so let her know how much I care about her! She is one of those amazing people who never thinks about herself and I am proud that she is my friend. 

I inked up another new set, it is ALL butterflies and YES, has a matching punch! Oh and the sentiment comes from ANOTHER new set...yes, I bought them all! LOL! I am so happy with Stampin' Up's new catalogue, it is the best one they have had in years!  Won't you join us this week at Dynamic Duos!  Here are the links to the fabulous Design Team!



19 comments:

  1. Good Morning, Lesley. Beautiful card you have here! I can see that butterfly taking flight! Love the monochromatic - always a favourite of mine.
    Once final report cards are done it's smooth sailing - enjoy your last work weekend of the school year... until it's an.....endless weekend. Well, sort of, we do all still keep busy! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun oohhing over the talent at the auditions. We love to watch the Musical Oklahoma in our house! :-) Yay for being done with Report cards!

    Love the DD colors! Sadly, I don't own either one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This beautiful! I am sure your friend will absolutely love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the beautiful silhouettes in the earthy colours that you chose for this week ... and yay for finishing reports and getting on with the fun stuff. Enjoy your summer break.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love wispy things and this card of yours is pure wispy prettiness Lesley!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on directing Oklahoma! Sounds like fun!
    Great card, and I too love this silhouette stamp set! I hate to be a copy cat, but I may end up using it for this challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Leslie. You certainly produced a serene card. I'm sure your friend is proud to call you "friend" too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That's realllly pretty! I don't care for RR at all, but the way you've paired it and used it - genius!!!! And I agree, the new catty is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, I love this card Lesley ... those silhouette images are great and so full of stamping creativity ... fab monochrome colours too!
    Good luck with the auditions!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card Lesley! Love it! Your friend will love it as well! I need to figure out my card this week since I don't have river rock ink this could be a challenge indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! It looks like the flowers and butterfly will jump off the paper. Very alive. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lesley, this card is so serene and you paired these two colors wonderfully. Very calming and what a great friend you are to let her know your thinking of her. I'm sure she will appreciate it. Congrats on directing and good luck with auditions!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've seen the most amazing cards with this stamp set, I can't wait to get it. It's perfect for these gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Summer Silhouette stamp set added to wish list...check! Holy cow is this a gorgeous card, Lesley! The colors are so soft and serene and I'm sure your friend will love it. Hooray for being finished with report cards! Bring on that summer vacation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card! I'm sure your friend will appreciate the serenity of the design! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just beautiful Lesley! Your friend will cherish this card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty Lesley, beautiful silhouettes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)