Saturday, January 28, 2012

Some FUN Challenges!!!

Wow, a week has flown by and I have been taking a wee break from stamping due to some life stuff that needed to be dealt with!  But I am now back and wanted to play with some challenges.  Here is my card!  I seem to be in a creative slump, this card took a long time to create!!!  But I had fun playing along and really was inspired by the awesome challenges below.




I decided to try the Sketch for You To Try Challenge:



And I also loved the challenge of the Color Throwdown Colors...I love that ornate bed frame and used an ornate style embossing folder for my background.


And there is a relatively new challenge out there created by pals called the Paper Lovin' Gals, and they are using this GREAT inspiration photo.  It is all about butterflies and flowers.  Hence the flowers and butterfly on my card!



8 comments:

  1. Hi Lesley, good to see you! What a stunning card! Absolutely wonderful with the three challenges too!! Awesome! Thanks for joining us at Paper Lovin' Gals.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIMOUS!!!!! I always love your work!! So glad you joined us Paper Lovin' Gals this week!!
    Michele F.
    PLG DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lesley, This is such a pretty card, I really like the wide striped ribbon added in behind the main image. Really lovely card even if it took ages to come together.

    Thanks for joining us at the Paper Lovin' Gals

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Paper Lovin' Gals DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful use of the colors Lesley! Love all the texture...very pretty indeed! (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. I love the use of colours and images together. And I especially think the flower makes the card more fascinating to study.

    ReplyDelete
  6. IN LOVE with this gorgeous card, Lesley! So pretty and I love that stamped panel, it is fabulous :) Hope you are having a great weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely lovely! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)