Friday, November 12, 2010

Sketch Challenge on SCS-Just Believe

I am happy to share a card I made for the current Sketch Challenge at Splitcoast Stampers.  I recently ordered a bunch of goodies from the Clearance Rack and wanted to play with some new retired paper called Raspberry Tart.  Why did I never order this stuff when it was current?  I LOVE it!! It was the inspiration for my card today!!

My card base is Rose Red and I layered it with Early Espresso and a piece of the Raspberry Tart DSP.  Then I flipped over another small piece of the DSP and used that across the middle of my card.  I have noticed some stampers sponge a So Saffron Ink over the place when their main image is going to go.  I love the look and thought I would try it.  What do you think?  Does it look misplaced?


So I am placing an order tonight.  Does anyone have some interesting suggestions of little, fun items that I could add to my order?  I was at Anne-Marie Hile's blog the other day and saw that she had used some  Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink in Gold Lame.  I LOVED the look and immediately went to my cattie to find it.  It is on my list!!!

On a personal note, poor Cyrus, our beloved pup, really hurt himself yesterday.  He has bone cancer but he has been okay other than he has been acting hyper and stressed.  Yesterday he tried to get out of the house while we were at work and he hurt his bad leg even more than it was.  He is not weight bearing on it and he is in a lot of pain.  The crazy thing is, his pain is not from the bone cancer but from his crazy episode.  We are hoping that he is better tomorrow and that he will come through this. He is still eating and is functioning normally.  He is better today than last night and I hope he continues to get better.  He has been sleeping in the middle, staying close to us. He is so affectionate.  This is tough stuff.  We have him on new meds now and he is calmer.  Which is good.  I hope he can make it, we don't want him to suffer.

Thank you for stopping by.  As always, if you have any questions or thoughts to share, please do!!! 

Smiles,

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love the layout and the colors you used are just yummy!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lesley! I hope that Cyrus is more comfortable today. The fact that he is eating normally is a good sign. Tell him that the Boxer Twins will bark a prayer for him, and I will say one as well. Your card is fabulous! Your talent is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry Lesley...poor Cyrus--give him a scratch and hug from me. Not sure our kitties would send hugs but they send him well wishes. Your card is beautiful and I LOVE your use of the So Saffron sponged behind the main image. So soft and lovely! {hugs}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)