Friday, July 2, 2010

Seeing Doubles-SR#26 and OCCSC#22

I am all finished school for the year, with all my report cards done and classes finished, I have had some time to "play" along with some challenge blogs.  I decided to create a Christmas Card using the OCC Sketch and Stampin' Royalty's challenge...Seeing Doubles.  I went for a CAS (Clean and Simple) look.
I wanted to use the new colour Cherry Cobbler, to show all my stampin' gals in my Stampers 6 group how gorgeous it is.  I LOVE this colour...I am excited to use it for Christmas Cards this year, I think I will be going traditional....red and green.  But this colour is not just red, it is a deep velvet red, it is SO perfect for Christmas.  I embossed the Always Artichoke layer with a Texturz Plate...it is difficult to see in this photo...maybe I have a better shot...no, not much better...
Both sets are in the new catalogue...I used Tree Trimmings (116722) and Christmas Greetings (115448). 

Thanks for stopping by!  Remember there is only one day left to play our current Paper Players Challenge...to make an Easel Card...please click HERE for more info.

Smiles,
Lesley :)

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Tree Trimmings (116722) and Christmas Greetings (115448)
Paper: Cherry Cobbler (119685), Always Artichoke (105119) and Whisper White (100730)
Tools: Paper Snips (103579) , Scallop Trim Border Punch (118402), Backgrounds 1Texturz Plates (114512), Big Shot (113439)

6 comments:

  1. Great card Lesley! Love the CAS look and cobbler artichoke is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you to start on your Christmas cards; this is a great take on the double challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card - I love the embossing and the images. Simple and yet very elegant! I want to do Christmas this summer - hope you don't mind if I case this card - so pretty! Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Lesley! It is perfect for the Seeing Double Challenge. Your work is beautiful! I see that you're a BC girl too:) Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty this week! Yeehaw... summer holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad the school year is over too. Wow - what a great card. Great job with the doubles challenge here at Stampin' Royalty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so perfect! A beautiful card that will be a snap to create in quantity! Thanks for playing at OCC Sketch! (And I am off to order some of that Cherry Cobbler paper from my SU rep! Yum!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)