Friday, April 30, 2010

10 Minutes or Less Challenge #120

Here is my card for this week's 10 Minutes or Less Challenge!  I had dreamed of making a 3D project for this week but work and life got in the way, so I opted for a CAS (Clean and Simple) Card.  I was stumped by these colours at first and I don't know why, because they are so pretty together!  I inked up my new Watercolour Trio Set with my Stampin' Write Markers.  I actually do not own any Cameo Coral,. Barely Banana or Creamy Caramel Cardstock or Ink Pads! So I went with my favourite colour, Sage Shadow and used my markers to ink up the stamps.
I am proud to say that this week, I started at 5:46pm and finished the card at 5:53pm!!  Woo-hoo!  I must tell you some of my secrets!  The white paper was scraps I had on my desk and then I cut some Sage to mat the white pieces.  Then I used my punch to add some interest to the piece I cut too big! LOL!  It was a quick card!  The white card front was an embossed piece I had not used for another card, it worked perfectly with my vision.  I added some Sage Shadow grosgrain and used my punches for the sentiment which is also from the Watercolour Trio Set.  I really hoped to be able to photograph step by step by process of making this card but I didn't get the chance again this week! I hope to be able to next week once life has settled down!

Supplies
Stamps: Watercolour Trio
Paper: Sage Shadow, Whisper White
Ink: Stampin' Write Markers-Creamy Caramel, Sage Shadow, Cameo Coral, Barely Banana
Tools: Oval Punches, Texturz Plates, Big Shot, Eyelet Border Punch, 1/4" Sage Shadow Grosgrain Ribbon

Thanks for stopping by!
I hope you get the chance to play along this week with us!
Smiles, Lesley :)

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Lesley! Scraps are a good thing when you can put them to use like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whowzer Lesley I need to come over and learn some of those wonderful secrets
    You did just a beautiful job on this card and in record time I am sure!
    Way to go!
    you totally ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wowza, another Leslie Original, and such a beauty. Love the left overs, love all the pieces put together and you did it in under 10 minutes. You rocked the challenge this week girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Leslie for beating the clock! Your card is so pretty! Good strategy on using your markers. I don't always have everything on hand that is required for our challenges, but one way or another I come up with it. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lesley,

    This is GORGEOUS and so elegant! You did a super job with this challenge and I can't believe how easy you make it look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card, Lesley. And I am really impressed you did it in less than 10 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! Love the gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I HAVE to get this set!! Lovely card using it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)